Monday, July 18, 2011

Windows 7 Extremely Slow on Start Up

Problem :

I have Windows 7 installed on 2 computers.  1st was a clean install on a Gateway laptop (about 3 yrs old) Everything worked perfectly.  Start up is very fast and I have NO complaints.

2nd was an install in my brand new HP HDX18 - Quad Core, 8gb mem, 2 hard drives, etc.  Startup is taking 10+ min. I have disabled all startup services (except msft), I dont have any external hd's attached at the time of boot up, I set my coputer to use original boot config.  I am running out of things to try.  Any ideas....


Solution :


What I noticed after evaluating windows on different machine.
 1st machine was a clean one the system Windows 7 worked properly without any problem on the performance issue. I also had installed several applications, and different kind of documents to make sure that the system worked properly. there was no a real issue of performace even after reboott the system several time.
howerver the second machine  had windows vista ultimate on it. after an upgrade from vista to windows 7 I noticed that there is a real poor performance on the system. I had to wait more that 10 minutes just to make sure that all the drivers and services are all loaded still the system was poorly performing. and sometimes  certain applications do not respond. this was the first  test. on the same machine I reformat the system and installed windows 7 re-install all the necessary applications and restore all the document. the system was performing properly. unfortunately I advice that the minimum memory requirement should be two GB to properly running windows 7 Hope that with the final version of Windows 7 Microsoft will take into consideration the following issue:
1- Better performance in comparaison with Windows Vista
2  Security  issue need to be tackle seriously this time
3- Compatibility with certain application that run only on older version
4- Networking issue specially the sharing application

Get more information : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproperf/thread/9e9ac1f6-d028-421a-b35a-e9569add54c4

No comments:

Post a Comment